Microsoft has officially announced details on Rise of The Tomb Raider’s Season Pass
Following a number of leaks and speculation, Microsoft has unveiled details on Rise of the Tomb Raider’s Season Pass.
The company also confirmed that the game will contain microtransactions, because of course it will.
Rise of The Tomb Raider’s Season Pass will include:
- Endurance Mode -- "Survive the extreme conditions of Endurance Mode."
- Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch -- "Explore a new tomb that house an ancient terror."
- Cold Darkness Awakened -- "Combat waves of infected predators."
- In-game content -- "A steady stream of outfits, weapons, and Expedition Cards" that will be available at launch and continuing for more than four months.
Crystal Dynamics has outlined the specifics of these modes, which you can see below:
- Score Attack -- Lets you replay levels from the game with a new set of rules, as you race the clock to post the best time and earn medals. Chain together attacks, movements, and collectibles to keep your multiplier high.
- Remnant Resistance -- Lets you replay Hub spaces with a new set of goals. You can craft your own missions by choosing the objectives, enemies, and more. Once you've mastered the mission, challenge your friends and the community to beat your high score. You can include the Expedition Cards you want featured, and others can use these Cards even if they don't have them in their collection.
- Chapter Replay -- Lets you keep the skills and equipment that you acquired on your first play-through.
Expedition Cards will allow players to craft their own unique missions and challenge their friends.
These cards can be earned through playing the game or you can purchase them with real-world money.
No specific pricing has been announced by Crystal Dynamics, hopefully they aren’t too ridiculous.
Creative Director Noah Hughes provided a more detailed description on how Expedition Cards will work in the game:
"In Rise of the Tomb Raider, you'll earn credits by completing challenges and exploring the world. These credits can be used to purchase Expedition Card packs.”
“When used, Expedition Cards become modifiers in game modes outside of the single player campaign. Some Cards are humorous, such as Big Head Mode, while others can increase the challenge or give you special advantages.”
"There are two types of Expedition Cards: Foil and Common. A Foil Card will give Lara the strongest or strangest variations and can be used as many times as you wish. A Common Card is only used once, and you'll need to earn more credits to buy it back."
Tomb Raider’s 2013 reboot also contained microtransactions, so we aren’t entirely surprised to see them make a return here.
Rise of The Tomb Raider will launch on November 10 for Xbox One and Xbox 360.
The PS4 and PC versions of the game will not available until Holiday 2016.