Sony's PS4 Update 3.0 is out now and brings with it plenty of new features.
Sony has released a new system software update for the PS4, known as Update 3.0 or Kenshin.
As previously outlined, the update adds "entirely new features" to Sony's new-generation console, including some user-interface enhancements.
Sony states that Update 3.0 will create "new ways to connect with friends and players around the world, expanding the social capabilities of the system even further".
Among the new features is an increase in online storage capacity for PlayStation Plus members from a tiny 1GB to a more appropriate 10GB. That means a lot more space for all your saved games stored in the cloud.
Other features include the ability to share videos directly to Twitter, a new dedicated PS Plus section of the homepage, tweaks to the YouTube streaming interface and new group features.
SEE ALSO: PS4 vs PS3
Here's a quick summary of all the new features arriving with PS4 Update 3.0, aka Kenshin:
- Events: A new Events app will appear on your homescreen, providing an overview of all the activities taking place in your most-played games, as well as any official broadcasts.
- Communities: You'll be able to create and join communities based on games, genres and other shared interests. These communities will include a message board, shared screenshots and offer the ability to create and join parties.
- PlayStation Plus: There's a dedicated PS Plus section on the homescreen, where you can manage your membership, download the monthly free games, and get a quick look at the exclusive deals and all of the games you've downloaded so far through the service. Also, your cloud storage increases from 1GB to 10GB.
- Share video clips straight to Twitter: Update 3.0 lets you share video clips – with a maximum length of 10 seconds – to Twitter.
- Request to Share Play and Broadcast: You can now ask your friends to start a Share Play session or stream a Broadcast.
- PNG Screenshots: You'll now be able to save your screenshots in the higher quality PNG format. To access the feature, hit Share | Share Settings | Screenshot Settings | Image Format.
- Favourite Groups: Sony has added the option of Favourite Groups to the Friends apps, making it easier for you to get access to the friends you play with most.
- Stickers: Messages now includes an option to send stickers, and the update will offer themed stickers around LittleBigPlanet 3, Resogun, Knack and Uncharted 4 and many more.