Centrino 2-based gaming notebooks.
MSI has so far neglected to announce any new notebooks based on Intel’s Centrino 2 platform, unlike Acer, Panasonic, Sony, Lenovo and Samsung. No longer, though, because the company’s GX720 and GX620 gaming notebooks are here to rectify that situation.
Spec wise the two systems are almost identical, the variants being screen size and speaker configuration – the GX620 packing two while the GX720 boasts four and a subwoofer.
- 17in (GX720) or 15in (GX620) 1,920 x 1,200 screen
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- ‘Turbo’ overclocking button
- Up to 4GB DDR2 RAM (upgradeable)
- nVidia GeForce 9600M GT 512MB graphics
- 320Gb hard drive
- Draft-N wireless
- Blu-ray drive option
Pricing and release dates aren’t mentioned, but presumably the former will fall close to that of theses systems’ predecessors, such as the GX700 (pictured above).