Mojang has finally released the major Minecraft Pocket Edition update 0.9.0 for Android and iOS gamers.
Touted the “biggest update” yet to be released for the Minecraft Pocket Edition, the update 0.9.0 adds features like infinite words to the survival sandbox title.
Originally the update was offered in beta format to give hardcore enthusiasts for the mobile-version of Minecraft an early look at how the update will affect gameplay.
The patch offers the following updates for the Android and iOS versions of Minecraft Pocket Edition:
- Infinite worlds
- Loads of new blocks and items including monster eggs and huge mushroom blocks
- Wolves – you’ll even be able to tame them into a loyal companion
- New flowers
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages and many other cool places to explore
- Brand new interaction button
- New feature generation, including lakes vines and monster rooms
- Many bugs fixed, and possibly a few added
In April, Mojang announced that the Pocket Edition of Minecraft had surpassed 21 million unit sales.
As for the PC and Mac version, Mojang revealed that it has now sold over 16 million copies, or so says the official site.
Basically, it’s all going really well for the developer and the franchise growth shows no sign of slowing even at this stage.
If you’ve not yet played Minecraft, there are Xbox One, PS4 and PS Vita editions coming in August.
Read more: Best games 2014