We all have problems with our smartphones from time to time, but this is something else…
A man in the USA claims his iPhone 6 Plus exploded in his trouser pocket, forcing him to derobe in public.
The Atlanta resident was loading up his car at a Home Depot when he felt an “intense burning sensation” on his leg, as reported by WSBTV.
“I pushed it away, turned my head hoping it wouldn’t explode,” Rocky continued, adding: “It burned pretty much my whole front pocket, burned my boxers, started to burn my leg, but I had moved it away in time so it wouldn’t burn me.
Fortunately, Rocky wasn’t seriously harmed during the incident, although the whole affair sounds pretty embarassing.
“I mean, it was pretty humiliating having to take your pants off in a parking lot,” Rocky told reporters.
Related: iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus
According to Rocky, Apple originally sold the phone to a customer in 2014.
A third-party firm then refurbished the handset, eventually selling it to Rocky via his current carrier in October this year.
The refurbishing company has since provided Rocky with a brand new iPhone 6 Plus, but he still wants someone to take “responsibility for it” and to apologise.
The WSBTV report claims Apple plans to investigate the matter, but says it is too early to reach any conclusions.
Do you think Apple has been caught with its pants down, or is this story a load of pants? Let us know in the comments.
Check out our smartphone buyer’s video guide below: