Apple has unveiled its latest tablets and there are new iPad Air 2 colours being thrown into the mix.
As well as retaining the traditional silver and space grey tones, Apple has added a gold iPad Air 2, for those who simply don’t find the company’s slate’s fabulous enough.
Echoing the iPhone 6 hues, the new iPad Air 2 colours have also been copied by the iPad mini 2 which has also introduced a gold option for the first time.
The new Air’s design has not been enhanced solely by a paint job. The tablet lines up at a mere 6.1mm thick, a full 18 per cent skinner than the already super svelte iPad Air.
Under the hood has been improved too. Backing up the introduction of a TouchID sensor, the iPad Air 2’s specs sheet is bolstered by an A8X processor, 10 hour battery life and an 8-megapixel, rear-mounted, iSight camera.
With the iPad Air 2 release date to take place next week, the Cupertino-based company has confirmed the tablet will be made available for pre-order tomorrow, October 17.
Prices will start at £399 (16GB, Wi-Fi), raising to £659 (128GB, Wi-Fi plus 4G).
- iPad Air 2 hands-on
- iPad mini 3 hands-on
- iPad mini 3 announced as Nexus 9 rival
- New 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- Apple Mac mini finally gets an update
- OS X Yosemite released as free update
- Apple details iOS 8.1 ahead of upcoming release
- Apple Pay release date confirmed for October 20
- iPad Air 2 prices to start from £399
- iPad Air 2 release date set for next week
- iPad Air 2 deals