Apple has unveiled its latest tablets and there are new iPad Air 2 colours being thrown into the mix.
As well as retaining the traditional silver and space grey tones, Apple has added a gold iPad Air 2, for those who simply don’t find the company’s slate’s fabulous enough.
“What do you do when you make the best tablet in the world? How do you make it better? You do this,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said in unveiling the super slim device.
Echoing the iPhone 6 hues, the new iPad Air 2 colours have also been copied by the iPad mini 2 which has also introduced a gold option for the first time.
The new Air’s design has not been enhanced solely by a paint job. The tablet lines up at a mere 6.1mm thick, a full 18 per cent skinner than the already super svelte iPad Air.
Under the hood has been improved too. Backing up the introduction of a TouchID sensor, the iPad Air 2’s specs sheet is bolstered by an A8X processor, 10 hour battery life and an 8-megapixel, rear-mounted, iSight camera.
With the iPad Air 2 release date to take place next week, the Cupertino-based company has confirmed the tablet will be made available for pre-order tomorrow, October 17.
Prices will start at £399 (16GB, Wi-Fi), raising to £659 (128GB, Wi-Fi plus 4G).
- iPad Air 2 hands-on
- iPad mini 3 hands-on
- iPad mini 3 announced as Nexus 9 rival
- New 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- Apple Mac mini finally gets an update
- OS X Yosemite released as free update
- Apple details iOS 8.1 ahead of upcoming release
- Apple Pay release date confirmed for October 20
- iPad Air 2 prices to start from £399
- iPad Air 2 release date set for next week
- iPad Air 2 deals