Slightly upstaged by LED LUX, but there's still nothing quite like Aurea.
Whether this is a good thing is up for debate; some people like it, some people don’t, but if you do then the pinnacle is Philips’ Aurea range or, as it is now, Aurea II.
Its updated range will be available in both 37 and 42 inch Full HD 1080p varieties and according Philips they feature a number of improvements, including:
– The latest version of the Philips Perfect Pixel HD Engine
– 100Hz Clear LCD with 2ms performance (previously 3ms refresh rate)
– 2,250 trillion colors processing 17bit RGB (previously 4 trillion colours) (note: you still see just 10-bit)
– A new and improved Ambilight Spectra technology that has been improved for a smoother surrounding light
– DLNA Digital Networking Support
– 4 HDMI inputs (replacing 3 HDMI inputs)
– A Reduction in standby power consumption from 0.8W to 0.15W
Unfortunately, it won’t feature Philips’ new LED LUX technology and will also be more expensive, so you’ll need to really want it to not opt for Philips’ shiny new backlighting tech.
More press shots can be found on the following page.