Professional grade 24in LCD Monitor with 100% Adobe RGB colour space coverage.
This new monitor shouldn’t disappoint, then. Boasting “innovative 30-bit LCD panel technology” and a Super IPS (S-IPS) panel, HP claims it will eliminate any hint of banding or contouring and ensure supreme colour accuracy. This is aided by 100 per cent coverage of the Adobe RGB colour space; a significant achievement given the NEC, which impressed us so much, managed “just” 97 per cent. For context, 100 per cent Adobe RGB amounts to 133 per cent of the inferior NTSC colour space.
Also featured in the LP2480ZX is “tear free” 50Hz/60Hz video playback, with a genuine black-to-white-to-black response time of 12ms and a grey-to-grey response time of 6ms. Connections include two DVI ports, HDMI 1.3, DisplayPort 1.1, Component, S-Video and Composite, while adjustment options are comprehensive. You can see a spec sheet below and if it’s anything like as good as it looks on paper, and from our initial impressions it would seem so, this should be on the wish list of any production studio. As for pricing, we wouldn’t care to guess but it would be safe to assume this will be expensive, so don’t tell the bank manager and remember to claim back the VAT!
More photos follow on next page.
* Panel type: S-IPS 24-in (60.96-cm) wide-aspect screen
* Viewing angle: 178 degrees (to CR of 10:1 min.)
* Brightness: Maximum white luminance – 250 cd/m2 (typ.); Minimum white luminance – 40 cd/m2 (typ.); Black luminance – 0.05 cd/m2 (typ. black level at minimum white level)
* Contrast Ratio: 1,000:1
* Response Time: 12 ms (rise+fall, full black-to-white-to-black); 6 ms (gray to gray)
* Pixel Pitch: 0.270 mm
* Colour Gamut: Native gamut approx. 133% NTSC (in CIE 1976 u’v’ space); Adobe RGB Coverage 100%; sRGB coverage 100%
* Display Colours: Over 1 billion colours in native mode; Lookup table 12 bits per entry, 1024 entries per table
* Native Resolution: 1920 x 1200
* Colour Space Presets: 7 colour space presets; One user- programmable plus six factory programmed: sRGB, Rec. 709, Rec. 601, Adobe® RGB, DCI-P3 emulation (97%), full gamut
* Video inputs: DVI-I (2), DisplayPort 1.1, HDMI 1.3, Component (YPbPr), S-Video, Composite, Self-powered USB 2.0 hub 1 upstream, 4 downstream USB 2.0 ports.
* Power: Typical: 42 W (120 VAC, no USB devices connected, and sRGB Colour Space preset); Maximum: 90 W; Power Saving: 10 W in “sleep” mode; 3W in “off” mode.