You can get even better quality Xbox One streaming to the Windows 10 Xbox app than Microsoft has made available by default, it has been revealed.
Of course, this will put a greater strain on your internet connection, so you’ll get varying results depending on your bandwidth in practice.
But, there is a way to do it if you have the bandwidth.
These are the steps that you need to take:
- Ensure the Xbox App on Windows 10 is completely closed
- Open File Explorer, then copy and paste the following locations: C:Users%USERNAME%AppDataLocalPackages
- Scroll down and open the “Microsoft.XboxApp…” folder
- Open the folder LocalState
- Right click the “userconsoledata” file, select Open With and pick Notepad
- Open the Xbox App and stream from console. Click the ((o)) button and select the “very high” option
Microsoft expects to roll out Windows 10 to the Xbox One as part of the major update in November.
Windows 10 will add universal apps to the Xbox One, add a brand new UI and introduce new features such as Xbox One backwards compatibility and TV DVR.