Samsung has confirmed it has suspended the global rollout of Android 8.0 Oreo for it’s Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones.
Following reports on Wednesday, a Samsung spokesperson confirmed the update has been halted due to an issue causing unexpected reboots.
In a statement the firm says: “Following a limited number of cases where Galaxy S8 and S8+ devices have rebooted unexpectedly with the Android 8.0 Oreo, we have temporarily stopped the rollout of the update.
“We are investigating the issue internally to ensure that the impact to the affected devices is minimized and the rollout of the update can resume as quickly as possible.”
Related: Galaxy S8 vs Galaxy S8 Plus
On Wednesday, SamMobile reported the suspension, less than a week after the official launch. A source told the site Samsung is new version of Oreo for its current flagship phones.
Until today the reason for suspension was unclear, but the reboot bug appears to have made it through the three-month beta period undetected.
Related: Galaxy S9 latest
Oreo has so far only rolled out in a few markets thus far and the UK and the US are not among them, save those who’ve been using the beta.
That means S8 and S8+ owners in these major markets could be facing an even longer wait for Google’s most recent operating system.
Last week the users in Turkey, Norway, the UAE, India, Belgium, Germany, France, and Poland began received the update, with the Netherlands on deck.
The reports come a little over a week before Samsung announces is next-generation Galaxy S8 flagship.
The device is widely expected to pack the Oreo, meaning the new device is likely to be rocking the software before last year’s entry.
Long-suffering S8 owners will be hoping the delay doesn’t hold ip the roll-out for too long, especially seeing as it sorts out Samsung’s rubbish emoji once and for all.
Have you received the full version of the S9 yet? Have you experienced any bugs? Drop us a line @TrustedReviews on Twitter.