UPDATE: CD Projekt Red has revealed some of New Game Plus mode details arriving with the final Witcher 3 DLC.
If you're excited to hear what additional content you'll get if you're brave enough to try out the New Game Plus mode of the Witcher 3 when it is released then read on.
After a flood of questions reached the Witcher 3 forums, CD Project Red Community Manager Marcin Momot shared some details on the New Game Plus mode.
He said the following would be included:
- Enemies will be stronger
- Player experience will carry over: If you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+. Or Geralt will start at the level you were at when finishing the game, if you were above level 30
- Items and Alchemy recipes will also carry over, excluding quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, and trophies
- A choice of difficulty level when starting New Game Plus
- The Death Match achievement will be available when playing the NG+ mode
- You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.
Original Story: CD Projekt Red has confirmed that the final free Witcher 3 DLC will introduce New Game Plus mode for players.The final free piece of DLC for The Witcher 3 is taking the form of a New Game Plus mode, something that's been asked for by many of the game's fans.
New Game Plus or NG+ is a common feature for videogames, especially RPG titles like The Witcher 3.
It allows players to ramp up the difficulty level for the next playthrough of the game, with some titles offering new and better items or monsters for playing through using NG+.
In Dark Souls 2 for example, NG+ ramped up the difficulty (even more) but also added completely new monsters and fresh twists to the game's boss fighters.
CD Projekt Red hasn't detailed what features NG+ will introduce for The Witcher 3, but it'll certainly give players yet another reason to get more hours of the game.
Related: Witcher 3 tips and tricks
CD Projekt Red confirmed the New Game Plus mode via its official Twitter and Facebook channels. But sadly, the developer also revealed that the free DLC would not land this week.
"NG+, the final FREE DLC, is on the way! Stay tuned. Won’t happen this week - we need a bit more time to finish it", came the tweet.
Never mind. I'm sure we can wait a little longer for this wonderful free content.
This is the sixteenth and final piece of free DLC that CD Projekt Red is giving Witcher 3 gamers.
Next it's on to the paid expansion packs, which are tipped to offer anywhere from 20 to 30 hours of additional content to the already massive game.