Square Enix has confirmed that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for PS4 will be released on April 14.
PS4 gamers will be pleased to hear an April 14 Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn release date has been confirmed, with pre-orders starting today January 27.
Anyone who owns the PS3 edition will be able to transfer their progress to the PS4 title for free, but Square Enix has yet to reveal how exactly to do this.
If you do swap over to PS4, you will not be able to go back to PS3 again though. You have been warned.
Anyone who pre-orders Final Fantasy 14 for PS4 will be entitled to two in-game items – a Mog Cap and Cait Sith Doll Minion. You’ll also be able to play the game a few days before the official service starts on release day.
The Early Access period will be accessible to pre-order customers from April 11 to April 13.
Square Enix has also confirmed there will be a PS4 Collector’s Edition of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, which will include seven special items, two of which are exclusive to the PS4 edition.
The two exclusive PS4 CE items are a Fat Chocobo Mount and Wind-up Moogle Minion.
However, they’re not quite PS4 exclusives, as anyone who owns the PS3 or PC Collector’s Edition of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be given the two aforementioned items on April 14.
Other Collector’s Edition special items include:
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Exclusive Box
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn artbook
- Final Fantasy XIV Seventh Umbral Era special movie content disc – The Waning of the Sixth Sun
- In-game items: Fat Chocobo Mount, Coeurl Mount, Behemoth Barding, Wind-up Moogle, Baby Behemoth and Helm of Light
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Special Soundtrack – The Sounds of Eorzea
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn art card set
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn themed security token
There will also be a PS4 Final Fantasy XIV beta, which will start on Saturday February 22. Anyone with a PS4 is eligible to take part.
Read more: Best PS4 games