Ubisoft has announced a unique Far Cry 4 Battles of Kyrat PvP multiplayer mode.
Ahead of its release late next month, Ubisoft has revealed Far Cry 4 will feature a unique PvP mode known as Battles of Kyrat.
“The player’s battles take on the form of re-telling a long-past war that Pagan Min’s elite guard, the Rakasha, fought against the Golden Path rebellion.”
The PvP multiplayer mode will see two teams of five take on each other playing as either the Rakshasa or the Golden Path.
The Rakshasa are the mythical warriors of Kyrat, who can call upon animals to help defend and attack. They use traditional weapons like the bow, but can modify them.
The Golden Path is far more focused on its arsenal. It has guns, vehicles and what Ubisoft is calling “tech-enhanced capabilities”. They can use a variety of weapon types like shotguns, rifles and explosives and can use bell towers to spot hidden enemies from further away.
Battles of Kryat PvP mode consists of:
– 5v5 matches
– Asymmetrical gameplay where you play as both factions. Whoever has the best overall performance for both factions wins.
– 20 minutes average match length
– 10 maps to play at launch
The PvP section of Far Cry 4 also has three specific modes:
1) Outpost – the Golden Path must try to establish an outpost, while the Rakshasa must try and defeat them and take the outpost of Pagan Min
2) Propaganda – the Golden Path must attempt to destroy three Pagan Min installations. The Rakshasa must endeavour to protect those installations.
3) Demon Mask – Both sides have to try and find the Demon Mask and then return it to their base
Far Cry 4 will be available on PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Read more: Far Cry 4 tips and tricks