Bungie has confirmed the Destiny Crota’s End patch and Hard Mode is “almost ready” to be released.
The next couple of Destiny updates will bring Hard Mode for Crota’s End and a fix for the infamous bug where you can incapacitate boss Crota.
Hard Mode for Crota’s End is in “the final stages of deployment” at the moment, but there’s no precise date as to when it will arrive.
“It’s almost ready,” said Bungie in the latest blog, outlining the forthcoming updates. “As soon as we have a concrete date to share, we’ll set it in stone so you can assemble your crew for that first run.”
“We’re not going to spoil any hard mode surprises here. You’ll need to learn a new trick or two, but given your past performances, we’re pretty sure plenty of you will find a way to come out on top and earn some shiny new trophies to take with you on your next adventure.”
The Crota’s End cheat fix will arrive sooner though, with Bungie tipping a release date on or around Tuesday January 13.
Related: Destiny tips and tricks
Here’s the list of changes being made to Crota’s End and a few tweaks for the Vault of Glass:
- Existing Pit treasure chest reward move to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger. Now there’s a chance she’ll drop Exotic weapons and armour, class pieces and Radiant materials.
- The Pit treasure chest can also now contain Radiant materials.
Pit Encounter – removed physics impulse caused by lanterns exploding
Bridge Encounter – You’ll need to cross the bridge in order to complete. You’ll also need to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword.
Deathsinger Encounter – Fixed a rare bug where Shriekers wouldn’t spawn, preventing players from actually reaching the Deathsinger.
- Never will two Swordbearers spawn at the same time at the beginning.
- Crota will now recover from kneeling state after you quit.
- Bug fixed that allows you to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability.
- Fixed bug that makes Oversoul appear destroyed to some Fireteam members, when it’s not.
As for the Glass Vault, Exotic weapon drops are now at Level 32.
Bungie also confirmed that the Iron Banner will return with fresh rewards on January 13, running through until January 19.
“Full and final details for Raid, Crucible, and Iron Banner updates will be provided as patch notes next week. Stay tuned.”