Home / News / Games News / Destiny 2 development has been ‘rebooted’, says report

Destiny 2 development has been ‘rebooted’, says report



Development on Destiny 2 has been completely rebooted, according to a source at Kotaku.

The outlet reported earlier this year that Destiny 2 was set to launch in September 2016, but was suddenly delayed.

Now it seems Bungie has restarted development entirely, with Taken King director Luke Smith now in charge of the project.

Related: Homefront: The Revolution Review

This news comes shortly after the apparent leak of Destiny’s Rise of Iron expansion, set to be revealed at E3 2016.

The official reveal is expected ahead of a September release this year for PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.

rise of iron

Rise of Iron will supposedly include a new raid inspired by a similar event removed from the House of Wolves DLC.

The expansion will offer even more content than previous DLC packs, giving players plenty to keep them busy.

Are you excited for Destiny 2? Let us know in the comments.


May 20, 2016, 9:55 am

Maybe they realised they are dicks and will release Destiny 2 for PC, the number one gaming platform.

properly schooled

May 20, 2016, 4:34 pm

no. I never liked the first one, so Im not buying the second one, simple.

comments powered by Disqus