Home » News » Games News » Battlefield franchise will not be annualised says EA

Battlefield franchise will not be annualised says EA

by | Go to comments

Share:
Battlefield Hardline
Annual Battlefield releases will not happen according to EA

EA has told gamers not to expect annual Battlefield titles, despite the upcoming release of Battlefield Hardline.

With Battlefield 4 having touched down last autumn and with Battlefield Hardline set to hit consoles on October 24, it had been suggested that EA was moving to an annualised schedule for its Call of Duty rivalling FPS series.

The publisher has been quick to rubbish such reports, however, with Patrick Soderlund, the Executive Vice President of EA Studios, telling Polygon the company does not need to annualise one of its most successful franchises.

The EA that I’m trying to help build isn’t an EA that needs to annualise everything,” Soderlund stated.

Despite Battlefield Hardline landing just 12 months after Battlefield 4 he added: “It doesn’t necessarily mean that we need to annualise Battlefield and that’s the way it’s going to be forever and ever.

“I understand that some people may look at it that way but that’s what happened.”

Although Activision releases new Call of Duty titles every calendar year, EA has to date been more sporadic in launching new instalments to its rival Battlefield series.

Despite suggesting annualised Battlefield releases are not part of the company’s current plans, Soderlund has claimed that Battlefield Hardline will benefit from landing so soon after its predecessor.

“Everything that we’ve fixed with [Battlefield 4] will go into Hardline,” he stated. “Once people get their hands on the netcode patch, which I think is profound, that will take care of a lot of the complaints around Battlefield… and how responsive the game is.”

Read More: Best Games 2014

Go to comments
comments powered by Disqus