Trump’s transatlantic antics aren’t going down too well here in Britain…
A move to block Donald J Trump from entering the UK has resulted in the country’s most popular petition ever.
Over 560,000 people have signed up to show their support, and the figure is rising daily.
That means it’s well past the 100,000 signature benchmark that means Parliament will consider the topic for a debate.
The petition follows a number of high-profile marks made by the US Republican presidential candidate, including a call to ban Muslims from entering the US.
Trump also hit out at the UK’s supposed “massive Muslim problem” in a tweet:
“The UK has banned entry to many individuals for hate speech,” reads the anti-Trump petition. “The same principles should apply to everyone who wishes to enter the UK.”
It continues: “If the United Kingdom is to continue applying the ‘unacceptable behaviour’ criteria to those who wish to enter its borders, it must be fairly applied to the rich as well as poor, and the weak as well as powerful.”
Related: Ultimate Star Wars Quiz
Here’s a list of the top ten most-signed petitions to Parliament (of a total 4,109 at the time of writing) in the UK:
- Block Donald J Trump from UK entry – 560,598
- Stop all immigration and close UK borders until ISIS is defeated – 453,809
- Accept more asylum seekers and increase support for refugee migrants in the UK – 448,269
- Make the production, sale, and use of cannabis legal – 233,751
- To debate a vote of no confidence in Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt – 227,517
- Vote no on military action in Syria against IS in response to the Paris attacks – 226,367
- Stop allowing immigrants into the UK – 212,354
- Vote no confidence in David Cameron – 196,607
- No UK airstrikes on Syria – 188,482
- Introduce tax on sugary drinks in the UK to improve children’s health – 153,104
What do you make of the block-a-Trump petition? Let us know in the comments.