Those of you waiting for a spec-tastic handset that does justice to Android may well find the hunt is now over...
The 'Acer A1' has officially hit pre-order courtesy of Expansys France and Germany and it brings with it quite the feature set:
- Processor: Qualcomm 8250 768 MHz
- Operating System: Android 2.0 (Donut)
- Memory: ROM: 512 MB / RAM: 256 MB ROM
- Display: 3.5-inch touch-sensitive screen with WVGA resolution
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA: 850, 1900, 2100 MHz - Up to 2 Mbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds
Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz Quad-band GSM / GPRS / EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
(Band frequency and data speed are operator dependent)
- GPS: Internal GPS antenna
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0 with Enhanced Data Rate and A2DP for wireless stereo headsets. Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi : IEEE 802.11 b / g, 3.5 mm audio jack 3.5 mm audio jack
- Camera: 5.0 megapixel colour camera with auto focus
- Battery: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery. Capacity: 1350 mAh, Talk time: Up to 300 minutes Talk time: Up to 300 minutes, Standby time: Up to 400 hours. (The above are subject to network and phone usage)
- Expansion Slot: microSD memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)
- Dimensions (LxWxT): 115 x 62.5 x 12.5 mm 115 x 62.5 x 12.5 mm
- Weight: 135 grams with battery 135 grams with battery
Highlights here include the lightning quick CPU, iPhone-sized (and resolution beating) touchscreen (being Android it should be capacitive), decent camera, size and weight. In fact, on paper it is all pretty good. Furthermore, it comes with Donut, the latest update to Android, though confusion reigns about the v2.0 numbering since Google itself lists Donut as v1.6.
Either way however, those looking for an Android handset which can finally punch its weight in terms of hardware, not just software could well have found their baby. Sadly, there are no details of any subsidised network deals as yet (there may not be any), but at 389.99 euros on pre-pay (£359.75) it still makes for a very tempting purchase...
via Expansys.de (Google Translated)