After the recent launch of the X200 (little brother to the brilliant X300), there was a fair bit of speculation that a tablet version was set to arrive soon, too. Well, for once the rumour mill was right. Behold; the X200t.
Spec wise things are pretty much the same as the vanilla X200, although of course now there's a rotating touch sensitive screen - courtesy a Wacom digitizer in fact. Otherwise configuration options sit as follows:
- 12.1in, 1,280 x 800 touch-sensitive screen - LED backlit option.
- Intel Core 2 Duo SL9400 (1.86GHz, 6MB cache, 1,066MHz FSB), SL9300 (1.6GHz, 6MB cache, 1,066MHz FSB) or SU9300 (1.2GHz, 3MB cache, 800MHz FSB, low voltage chip)
- Up to 4GB DDR3 1,066MHz RAM
- 80GB, 160GB, 250GB, 320GB 5400rpm hard drive, 100GB, 160GB, 200GB ( FDE) 7200rpm hard drive, 64GB, 128GB SSD
- Ethernet, Draft-N WiFi standard, WWAN, GPS, WiMAX, UWB optional
- Battery life ~4 hours with a 4-cell or 10 hours with an 8-cell
In all likelihood the deciding factor will be price, which has yet to be announced. Expect a reasonable premium over the standard X20, though.