Having already released a TouchSmart PC in the UK, HP has returned with a new take on the touch-sensitive all-in-one PC, the TouchSmart IQ504, that looks set to bring a touch-sensitive "natural user interface" PC to anywhere in the house.
Based on a 22in display, the IQ504 is slimmer and far more compact than the previous model, giving it a similar form factor to the Apple iMac or the Dell XPS One. Unlike both, however, the IQ504 is based on Intel mobile technology, as opposed to desktop parts.
At the centre of it all is an Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 running at 2.00GHz with a 667MHz front side bus and 2MB L2 Cache. Impressively, it'll come equipped with 4GBs of RAM and 64-bit Vista Home Premium - so most of that RAM will actually be used. You'll also benefit from a fast 320GB 7200rpm SATA hard drive, a slot-loading Super Multi DVD Burner, Draft-N Wi-Fi and a wireless keyboard and mouse, though graphics will be restricted to Intel X3100 integrated graphics.
Vitally, the TouchSmart IQ504 will feature a custom graphical user interface (GUI) designed to make it as easy as possible to navigate your music, videos and photos. HP executives likened it to the ease of use provided by an ATM and though we only managed to see it from a distance it looked impressive - we'll be taking a closer look later in the day. The machine will also feature an ‘ambient light' that'll illuminate the keyboard in the dark.
All in all it looks like a very neat system and the size should mean it could fit anywhere in the house, be it kitchen, living room or bedroom - did someone say downstairs toilet? No UK pricing or release details are available just yet, but you can take a look at the full specs below and more photos on the following pages.
Do you want one? How much would you pay? Let us know in comments!
* Intel Core™2 Duo Processor T5750, 2.00GHz
* Intel GM965 Express Chipset
* 4096MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM memory (2x2048MB)
* 320GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive
* Slot-load SuperMulti DVD Burner
* Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 with 128MB dedicated graphics memory. Up to 358MB Total Available Graphics Memory
* 10/100/1000 BaseT network interface
* Integrated Bluetooth, Wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n) with built-in WLAN antenna
* Integrated High Definition Audio with 2.0 sound capabilities
* High-performance 2.0 Speakers
* 5-in-1 memory card reader - supports Secure Digital (SD, SDHC), MultiMedia Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro.
* 1 FireWire(IEEE 1394) port (front), Headphone (front), Line-in (back) , 5 USB 2.0 ports(2 front, 3 rear)(5 available), Line-out (back), Digital Audio Out (back)
* HP wireless optical mouse
* HP low-profile wireless keyboard with numeric keypad
* Integrated webcam
* Touch-enabled 22" diagonal widescreen BrightView LCD with tilt adjustment
* Built-in array microphone
* Unpackaged Dimensions: 21"(W) x 2.6" (D/L) x 17.4" (H) approx
UPDATE (13:10, 10/06/08): New TouchSmart PCs will start at around £1,099 inc. VAT and be available from August or September.