It has been an age coming but with the first Firefox 3.5 Release Candidate launched today it looks like the massive overhaul is almost complete.
What's new the latest version?
- Improved tools for controlling your private data, including a Private Browsing Mode.
- The ability to provide Location Aware Browsing using web standards for geolocation.
- Support for native JSON, and web worker threads
- Improvements to the Gecko layout engine, including speculative parsing for faster content rendering
- Now available in 70 languages
I'm running the new version now and happily it seems to play nice with virtually all extensions that worked with previous betas. That said, the continued lack of Google Gears compatibility does cause a few sniffles.
Grab it now from the link below...