PVRs are all well and good, but if you know your stuff, you know that a media centre PC is where it's at - even if you don't know what 'it' is exactly. But if you're building a media centre, you'll need a TV tuner, and Compro would probably like you to consider its VideoMate Vista E900F PCIe Dual DVB-T & Analog TV/FM Card and, yes, that is its full name.
Feature wise the VideoMate offers:
* Dual Digital and Analogue tuners.
* Philips decoding chip, offering Mpeg-1, 2 and 4 support.
* Can receive 1080i HD where available (e.g. BBC HD Freeview).
* Hardware noise reduction.
* Scheduled recording that can wake your PC from sleep mode.
* Picture in Picture - up to six windows.
* Timeshifting functionality.
* 32- and 64-bit Vista compatible.
As expected the VideoMate's dual tuners mean you can record one channel directly to your PCs hard drive while watching another. Bundled software integrates into Vista's Media Centre, allowing access to all the tuner's functions from one interface. There's even a Sidebar gadget allowing recording to be scheduled, started and stopped from outside Media Centre - nice touch!
The Compro VideoMate Vista E900F PCIe Dual DVB-T & Analog TV/FM Card is apparently available right now, for around £85 if Google Product Search can be relied on.