Beats Sony Ericsson C905 to the punch...
It’s good news time: the tastiest smartphone this year (at least in terms of raw specs) will hit the UK in September.
Of course it is the Samsung Innov8 we are talking about and the increasingly influential Carphone Warehouse has leaked this very welcome news though sadly it hasn’t given away what networks have secured the handset or even if the super rich will be able to grab it sim free.
Still let’s not worry about the minutiae and once more rejoice with a love-in over the i8510 Innov8’s feature set:
- an eight megapixel camera equipped with autofocus and dual LED flash, smile shot, blink shot & face recognition
- 7.2Mbit HSDPA, WiFi, Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP connectivity
- 16GB of native storage ”with” a microSD slot
- DivX, WMV, Real Player and Mpeg4 video codec support
- 120fps video recording and 3D surround sound
- No Windows Mobile (bad Omnia) but S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2
- Battery life capable of 510 minutes talk time or 310 hours on standby
And yes at 106.5 x 53.9 x 16.9mm it’s a bit of a chunker and yes, the touchscreen interface isn’t likely to be as good as multi-touch on the iPhone, but let me dream. After all, it’s becoming a dull (and expensive) world when no one comes even remotely close to Apple’s lone and poorly stocked handset…