Samsung's i8510 'Innov8' recently set the bar for hardware features but could that remarkable spec soon become the new norm...?
Showing it can trade specifications with the best of them is LG's 'KC910' - the suspected follow-up to the highly successful (if slightly less so in customer satisfaction terms) Viewty and get an eyeful of all this:
- Quad-band GSM/ 7.2Mbps HSDPA
- 8MP camera with Xenon flash, Schneider-Kreuznach lens, geotagging and smile/blink detection
- 3in 400 x 240 touchscreen display
- microSD expansion slot
- Video recording at up to 120fps
- Multimedia playback including DivX and XviD support
- TV output
- Bluetooth 2.0
- Just 107.8 x 55.9 x 13.9mm and 114g (yep, lighter than an iPhone)
Oh yeah, it's a beast! In fact the only thing we are lacking is info on the amount of onboard storage but I'd take a guess at 8GB and/or 16GB editions (don't let me down LG!).
Even better is news that an October launch is planned so let's hope LG can finally overcome its one traditional Achilles heel: the user interface. After all it looks like we're heading for one almighty battle between the Innov8, KC910 (which will inevitably get a name too), iPhone 3G, Sony Ericsson C905 and whatever ever else rears its cocksure head in the next few months.
Let this (wonderfully enjoyable) battle begin...