- Page 1The best of IDF 2015
- Page 2 Spidergeddon is here – arachnophobes look away now!
- Page 3 Superfast 3D Xpoint storage to be called Optane
- Page 4 Intel Curie brings BMX into the digital age
- Page 5 Intel Skylake K series unlocked CPUs coming to laptops too
- Page 6 Intel RealSense brings head-tracking to racing games
- Page 7 Intel Collaborative Cancer Cloud
- Page 8 Fossil and Intel team up to create wearables
- Page 9 Intel SmartSound lets you wake your computer with your voice
- Page 10 Nabi Smart Clip baby seat monitor
- Page 11 Razer and Creative set to release RealSense cameras
Intel announced a brand new type of super-fast storage a few weeks before IDF and at the show that technology got a brand name.
Intel Optane will cover the new storage technology, the chipsets that support it and any other supporting features such as software drivers.
The technology itself is called 3D Xpoint and it uses a completely new type of storage that could replace both SSDs/hard drives and RAM.
It will arrive in its first form next year as a drop in replacement for a traditional SSD where it will deliver up to 7x the performance of the fastest drives currently available.