Here’s our recommended PC spec for anybody looking to build a PC before Christmas using a mix of Black Friday deals and generally good choices.
Black Friday is the best time of year to buy most electronics, and anybody who’s looking to build a gaming PC in time for Christmas is in for a real treat. Here’s our fantasy Cyber Monday Gaming PC, based entirely on seasonal special offers.
For this PC, we’re going to target the most popular games at Full HD resolution.
Prices correct as of November 27. Subject to change.
- Motherboard: MSI B350 Mortar, £89 at Amazon
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600, £159 at Overclockers UK (save £21)
- Cooler: Included
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz memory, 16GB, £105 at Amazon
- GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB, £185 (save £55)
- SSD: Samsung 850 Evo, £80 at Amazon (save £15)
- Hard disk: Seagate Barracuda 2TB, £62 at Amazon
- Case: Bitfenix Phenom Micro ATX case (Nvidia edition), £50 (saving £20
- PSU: Be Quiet! 500W, £75 at Overclockers (Save £24)
- Windows 10, £86 at Amazon
TOTAL: £891 (£135 savings)
Why not add some gaming peripherals?
- SteelSeries Arctis 7 gaming headset: £135 at Amazon
- HyperX mechanical keyboard, £62 at Currys (with code)
- Logitech G900 mouse, £120 at Amazon
This is a great bang-for-buck gaming PC that comes in at a very reasonable £891, including free delivery from both Amazon and Overclockers.
We picked the AMD Ryzen 5 processor as its six cores and twelve threads add up to a speedy chip for gaming and video workloads, but decided not to spend extra on the 1600X model because we feel this one delivers the best performance per pound.
The GTX 1060 is a no-brainer. Sadly, it’s not the cheapest this card has been on Amazon this week, but it’s still a great price for this excellent Full HD GPU.
Elsewhere, we opted for high-spec Corsair memory, because fast memory speeds really help Ryzen processors perform at their best. The motherboard is a mid-ranger will, again, ensure this processor performs to its maximum potential.
We went for a classic SSD + HDD combination, but you could swap out the HDD and increase the capacity of your SSD if you fancied. The quality Be Quiet! PSU is at a great price and has headroom for future expansion and overclocking.
Finally, the compact case is on good discount, and the white/green paintjob matches your Nvidia-centric build.
Spotted any other great Black Friday deals? Let us know on Twitter @TrustedReviews