Best Black Friday Deals 2017: All the best Black Friday deals in the UK
Continually updated, all prices last checked at 22:36. Prices subject to change.
Black Friday is finally here and the deals are hotting up – and this is your one-stop-shop for all the best Black Friday deals in 2017.
Black Friday is today, the 24th of November 2017, and while retailers such as Amazon, Currys, Argos and Tesco have been offering up some belting deals all week, the best have been saved for the big day (and weekend) itself.
We’ve selected the very best deals we could find and listed them here, and we’ll keep combing through the web 24/7 to find more. With so many Black Friday deals out there, it can be hard to know what’s worth buying and what’s best avoided. This is the reason we recommend products we believe are good, at prices we’ve checked online and across retailers.
Nearly all of the big UK retailers have launched their Black Friday sales by now, so check out the following list for some amazing quick-buy bargains as selected by our expert editors.
- Amazon Black Friday
- Argos Black Friday
- Currys Black Friday
- John Lewis Black Friday
- Tesco Black Friday
Note that while all prices were correct at time of publication, Black Friday deals are subject to change.
Today’s Best Black Friday Deals:
First off, here are some cracking deals on the year’s hottest phones, including the iPhone X, Pixel 2, Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8. Plus, bargains on all-time greats like the iPhone 7.
It’s rare to see any Apple products discounted so this Black Friday deal from Vodafone for the incredible iPhone X is the best you can get right now:
Black Friday Deals
Black Friday Projector Deals: Save $250 on a top-rated Epsom 3D HD beast
Step back to the noughties with the Nokia 3310 for just £20 on O2 Pay and Go
Best Tesco Black Friday Deals 2017: Save on Star Wars, Dyson and Amazon Fire TV
Get 60% off a best-in-class Vizio soundbar and subwoofer from Walmart US
Argos Black Friday 2017: All the best deals right now
Alternatively if you want to spend a less, but have a similar experience then this is the best iPhone 8 deal around:
Last year’s iPhone 7 has had it’s priced slashed since the newer phones have come out. If you’re looking for an iPhone for less then these are the deals for you:
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is arguably the most advanced phone on the planet right now. Its all-screen design is second to none and the digitiser stylus adds something no other phone has:
Sign up for the newsletter
Get news, competitions and special offers direct to your inbox
The Samsung Galaxy S8 won the Trusted Reviews phone of the year award 2017 and with good reason, this is an astonishingly good smartphone that looks and feels great, but costs a whole bundle less than the iPhone X:
The Google Pixel 2 and larger Pixel XL are two of our favourite phones of the year. The combination of stock Android and the best cameras on any phone make them an attractive proposition this Black Friday:
There are a whole host of iPads to choose from but our pick of the bunch is also one of the cheapest:
We’ve been really impressed the Tesco Black Friday deals on offer today, so here’s a hand-picked selection of some of the best we’ve seen so far:
The Nintendo Switch is the hot console of the year thanks to its combination of performance and portability.
BUY NOW: Nintendo Switch for £369 at Tesco
Or, grab it with Mario Rabbids for £10 more at Amazon:
There are some good console and console accessory deals around right now. Take a look:
Tesco is also offering some unforgettable days out that are perfect as Christmas gifts:
Here are the latest Black Friday bargains we love:
Winter is well and truly here, but this awesome collection of GoT Blu-rays are perfect for cozy nights in:
Buy Now: Game of Thrones seasons 1-7 Blu-ray collection (67 discs) just £72 – save £18
If you want a cheap way to make your TV smart then Amazon Fire TV Stick’s price has been slashed to just £25!
Buy Now: Amazon Fire TV Stick down to just £25 – save £15
This is one of our favourite Black Friday 2017 deals so far. This LG TV won our Trusted Reviews TV of the Year 2017 award earlier in the month, and that was when it was a whole lot more expensive:
Buy Now: 55″ LG 4K OLED TV now just £1,350 – SAVE £1,650 use CODE: TV10
The Microsoft Surface combines the portability of the tablet with the power and productivity of a full-fat laptop. This is a fantastic price for a brilliant machine:
Buy Now: Microsoft Surface Pro for just £599 – SAVE £350 at Amazon
The GoPro Hero 5 Black is the latest of the famous action cameras, and we rate it as the best too. This offer bundles it with a bunch of useful accessories for just £350.
Buy Now: GoPro Hero 5 Black + £100 worth of accessories for £350, saving £150
From now on we’ve broken down deals by category. We’ve found the best Black Friday deals for every budget across categories like TV, consoles, phones, smartwatches, vacuum cleaners and more.
Consoles and Gaming: Best Black Friday Deals
Sony and Microsoft are going hard to one-up each other this Black Friday and this means there are some great console deals with a variety of games on offer. There are even a few Nintendo Switch and Xbox One X savings to be had, but the discounts on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One S are much stronger.
- Buy Now: PS4 Fifa 18 bundle for just £229 – SAVE £30
- Buy Now: PS4 Star Wars bundle for just £249.99 – LOW PRICE
- Buy Now: The Evil Within 2 (Xbox) for just £24 – LOW PRICE
- Buy Now: Xbox One X with CoD WW2 £498.99 – Save £10 at Game
- Buy Now: Xbox One S bundle at Amazon for £269.94 – lowest price ever
Fancy building a gaming PC? Take a look at our Black Friday Gaming PC Build special.
Here’s a great little nod to the glory days of 16-bit gaming:
Or look to the future instead with this amazing virtual reality deal:
TVs and Home Cinema: Best Black Friday Deals
Black Friday can be one of the best times of the year to upgrade to a TV with 4K and HDR capabilities. It’s also a good time to pick up home cinema projectors and audio products. We’ve picked the best deals available right now.
There’s a number of fantastic deals on 4K TVs at the moment – there’s really no better time to buy one than today. This LG is a cracker of a saving but there’s a few strong ones around:
- Buy Now: 55″ LG 4K OLED TV now just £1,350 – SAVE £1,650 use CODE: “TV10” at Currys
- Buy Now: 55″ LG 4K TV at Currys for just £699 – save £200
- Buy Now: 43″ Hisense 4K TV for just £389 at Argos – save £10
- Buy Now: 55″ Hisense 4K TV for just £549 at Argos -lowest ever price
- Buy Now: 55″ Sony 4K TV for just £599 – save £300!
Here are the best TV streamer Black Friday deals:
- Buy Now: Google Chromecast at Currys for £19.99 – save £10
- Buy Now: Nvidia Shield controller bundle for £159.99 – SAVE £30
- Buy Now: Nvidia Shield TV streamer for just £143 – save £36
- Buy Now: Amazon Fire TV Stick down to just £25 – save £15
If you want to go huge then try these great projector deals – now’s the time.
- Buy Now: Optoma Projector for just £1,525 – SAVE £475
Buy Now: Acer 4K projector at Amazon for £1549 – save £450
We love these audio deals:
- Buy Now: Samsung HW-K450 sound bar £149 at Currys – save £150
- Buy Now: Audio Technica turntable for just £136 – SAVE £14
Headphones: Best Black Friday Deals
Headphones are always hot items at Christmas, so it’s no surprise that many models are discounted during the Black Friday sales. Whether it’s wired or wireless headphones you’re after, these are the best deals for headphones this Black Friday.
High-end headphone Black Friday sales:
- Buy Now: Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones for £159 – SAVE £140
- Buy Now: Beats by Dre Studio Wireless headphones for £249.99 – SAVE £80
- Buy Now: Beats Studio 2.0 headphones for £219 – save £80
- Buy Now: B&O Play H7 Bluetooth headphones now £179.99 – save £150
Mid-range headphone sales:
- Buy now: Sony Prestige headphones for £119.99 at Amazon, save £50
- Buy Now: Beats Luxe headphones for just £89.99 – SAVE £10
- Buy Now: Sony wireless headphones for £58, saving £32 at Amazon UK
- Buy Now: B&O Play H5 Headphones for just £149 – SAVE £50
Sport headphones sales:
- Buy Now: Jabra Elite Sport headset for £179 – save £50
- Buy Now: Jaybird Sports Headphones for just £59.99 – SAVE £50
Speakers: Best Black Friday Deals
Smart speakers like the Amazon Echo and Google Home are brilliantly clever and have had their prices slashed this Black Friday. There are also a host of excellent portable Bluetooth speakers out there that we highly recommend.
- Buy Now: Amazon Echo for just £69.99 – save £20
- Buy Now: Amazon Echo Dot for just £34.99 – save £15
- Buy Now: Google Home £77.50 (down from £129) at Argos
- Buy Now: Google Home Mini £34 at Currys – save £15
- Buy Now: B&O Play A1 speaker for just £179 – SAVE £20
- Buy Now: Sony SRS speaker for just £127 – save £23
- Buy now: UE Wonderboom two-pack, £99.99, save £53
Laptops and Computing: Best Black Friday Deals
There are some excellent computing deals to be had if you shop around this Black Friday. We’ve selected some of the best at different price points to ensure we have every budget covered. Whether you’re looking for a new cheap laptop, Ultrabook or a component upgrade for your gaming PC, here are the best deals:
Great cheap Black Friday laptops:
- Buy Now: HP 15.6″ laptop at Currys for just £349 – save £200
- Buy Now: 14″ HP Laptop Bundle for just £279.99 at Argos – lowest ever price
Best Black Friday ultrabook deals:
Best graphics card deals:
- Buy Now: Asus GTX 1060, now just £185 – save £47
- Buy Now: GTX 1070 Mini: £350 from Amazon – save £115
This is an incredible monitor deal for the 49-inch, curved, Trusted Reviews Monitor of the Year:
How about saving a big chunk o’ change on our favourite Mesh Wi-Fi system, the Netgear Orbi?
- Buy Now: Save £70 on Netgear Orbi RBK30, now just £179 – save £70
- Buy Now: Save £60 on Netgear Orbi RBK40, now just £210 at Amazon – save £60
- Buy Now: Save £125 on Netgear Orbi RBK50, now just £275 on Amazon – save £125
Smart Home: Best Black Friday Deals
Smart home products don’t only comprise AI assistants such as the Amazon Echo and Google Home. We’ve found some great Black Friday deals on smart plugs, as well as smart speakers.
- Buy Now: Hive Active Heating from just £134.25 save £45
- Buy Now: Logitech Harmony Elite for just £139 – save £140
- Buy now: Belkin WeMo just £24.99 at Amazon, save £24
- Buy Now: Amazon Dash Buttons for just £1.99 at Amazon – save £3
- Buy now: Linksys Wi-Fi Mesh System for £292.99 at Amazon, saving £207
- Buy Now: Amazon Echo for just £69.99 – save £20
- Buy Now: Amazon Echo Dot for just £34.99 – save £15
- Buy Now: Google Home £77.50 (down from £129) at Argos
- Buy Now: Google Home Mini £34 at Currys – save £15
Vacuum Cleaners and Home Appliances: Best Black Friday Deals
Vacuum cleaners tend to get massive discounts during the Black Friday period, so it’s worth shopping around for the product that’s right for you. Dyson has slashed its prices on stick, upright and cylinder vacuums, but there are also great deals from, Miele and Gtech.
Here are our top vacuum cleaner Black Friday deals:
- Buy Now: Dyson Light Ball Animal at John Lewis for £199 – save £170
- Buy Now: Dyson DC41 Animal at John Lewis for £249 – save £240
- Buy Now: Dyson DC75 Cinetic Big Ball at John Lewis £299 – save £220
- Buy Now: Miele Complete C2 Allergy Powerline for £129 at AO – save £70
Best cordless vacuum deals this Black Friday:
- Buy Now: Hoover cordless vacuum just £139 at Amazon– SAVE £110
- Buy Now: Dyson V6 Absolute at John Lewis for £229.99 – save £240
- Buy Now: Dyson V7 Cordless Vacuum at Currys for just £249 – save £150
- Buy Now: Dyson V8 Absolute at John Lewis for £349.99 – save £150
- Buy Now: Dyson V6 Animal at John Lewis for £179 – save £170
- Buy Now: Dyson V6 Absolute vacuum for £229.99 at Argos – save £250
The Dyson Hot + Cool fan and heater’s price has also been slashed, as has the Karcher Steam Cleaner:
- Buy Now: Dyson Hot + Cool at Amazon for £229 – £170 off
- Buy Now: Karcher Steam Cleaner for £45 at Amazon – SAVE £55
Coffee Machines and Kitchen Gadgets: Best Black Friday Deals
There are plenty of coffee machines to choose from, ranging from £50 to over £1000. Black Friday sees many of these discounted heavily, so here’s our pick of the bunch.
- Buy Now: Russell Hobbs Coffee Machine for £79.99 – save £30
- Buy Now: De’Longhi Icona Micalite for just £149.90 – save £61
- Buy Now: De’Longhi Scultura for just £149.95 – save £50
- Buy Now: Nespresso Essenza Mini from just £99.99
- Buy Now: De’Longhi Bean to Cup for just £329 – save £400.99
- Buy Now: De’Longhi Scultura for just £149.95 – save £50
- Buy Now: Morphy Richards Stand Mixer for £99 – SAVE £100.99
- Buy Now: Hotpoint American Fridge Freezer for £419 – save £230
Mobiles and Tablets: Best Black Friday Deals
If you’re looking to buy a phone outright, rather than on a contract, then Black Friday can be a good time to bag a bargain. In general, it’s models that launched at the start of the year, or even flagship phones from last year, that are worth a gander. These can be on sale for half the launch price and still provide an excellent experience. We’ve picked our favourite deals below.
Best Black Friday Tablet Deals:
- Buy Now: Amazon HD 10 for £109.99, saving £40
- Buy Now: Amazon Fire 8 HD tablet for just £49.99 – SAVE £30
- Buy Now: Fire 7 Kids tablet for just £69.99 – save £30
- Buy Now: Fire HD 8 Kids tablet for just £89.99 – save £40
- Buy Now: iPad 9.7-inch (32GB, Space Grey) for £299 from Argos, – SAVE £40
Best mobile buy outright deals:
- Buy Now: LG G6 at Amazon UK for just £363 – save 287
- Buy Now: Moto G5 unlocked for £129.95 at Amazon save £40
- Buy Now: Moto G5 on O2 for £89, save £60
- Buy Now: Huawei P8 Lite £150 2017 at Currys – save £80
- Buy Now: Samsung Galaxy S8 for just £569 – SAVE £120
And something to make sure you never run out of juice:
- Buy Now: Aukey 20000mAh Power Bank for just £22.99 – SAVE £13
- Buy Now: Samsung Fast Wireless Charging Plate for just £20
Drones and Cameras: Best Black Friday Deals
We’ve not seen too many great drone and camera deals so far this year, but we expect more nearer Black Friday.
- Buy Now: GoPro Karma + Hero 6 bundle for £1049 at Amazon, save £250
- Buy Now: DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo for just £1099 – save £260 at Amazon
- Buy Now: £50 off many cameras using code IMAGING50 at Currys
Toys and Games: Best Black Friday Deals
There are so many toys and games on offer already that now is the best time to buy your Christmas presents for kids. One of the best offers is Tesco’s 3 for 2 on thousands of toys, but the offer ends on 20 November.
- Buy Now: Anki Overdrive RC battle racing for just £127.50 – SAVE £42.50
- Buy Now: Micro Scalextric for just £29.98
- Buy Now: Zinc Smart X Hoverboard now just £199.99 at Argos – save £50
Health and Fitness: Best Black Friday Deals
Smartwatches and personal care items are always discounted during Black Friday.
Smartwatches and Fitness tracker deals:
- Buy Now: Fitbit Blaze smartwatch for £106.99 – save £53
- Buy Now: Fitbit Flex 2 tracker at eBay for £49.99 – save 9%
- Buy Now: Huawei Watch 2 LTE at Amazon for £209, save £169
Best electric toothbrushes and personal grooming deals:
- Buy Now: Oral-B Electric Toothbrush for just £92.60 – SAVE £137
- Buy Now: Oral-B Electric Toothbrush for £84.98 at Amazon – SAVE £195
- Buy Now: Philips 12-in-1 Grooming Kit for just £24.99 -HALF PRICE
Black Friday UK 2017: Quick links to save big this Black Friday
If it’s a specific product you’re after, here are the categories we think are going to be big this Black Friday.
- Black Friday 4K TV deals
- Black Friday Xbox One deals
- Black Friday PS4 deals
- Black Friday laptop deals
- Black Friday Apple Watch deals
- Black Friday iPad deals
- Black Friday GoPro deals
- Black Friday headphone deals
- Black Friday Kindle deals
- Black Friday Amazon Echo deals
We’ve got some extra detail on some of the best deals below, as well as some advice about how to save money this Black Friday.
Black Friday 2017: Save big on NOW TV boxes and subscriptions
Sky and NOW TV are going big this Black Friday – there’s simply too many offers to talk about it.
So to save you time, we’ll just list them instead!
Here are the best NOW TV pass deals – savings of up to £200 are on offer.
- Buy Now: Cinema Pass (2 months) for £9.99 – SAVE £10
- Buy Now: Cinema Pass (12 months) for £55 – SAVE £60
- Buy Now: Entertainment Pass (2 months) for £7.99 – SAVE £8
- Buy Now: Entertainment Pass (12 months) for £45 – SAVE £50
- Buy Now: Kids Pass (2 months) for £2.99 – SAVE £5
- Buy Now: Kids Pass (12 months) for £15 – SAVE £20
- Buy Now: Sports Pass (2 months) for £33.99 – SAVE £34
- Buy Now: Sports Pass (12 months) for £199 – SAVE £200
And if you need a NOW TV box as well as access to premium entertainment content, here are the deals you need to check out.
- Buy Now: Now TV Box + Entertainment Pass (2 months) for just £12.50
- Buy Now: Now TV Box + Cinema Pass (1 month) for just £12.50
- Buy Now: Now TV Box + Kids Pass (2 months) for just £12.50
- Buy Now: Smart Box + Cinema Pass (2 months) for just £19.99
- Buy Now: Smart Box + Entertainment Pass (3 months) for just £19.99
Best Black Friday Deals: Save £50 on De’Longhi Scultura espresso machine – just £150
Add a little luxury to your home with the refined De’Longhi Scultura espresso machine – or give the coffee lover in your life the perfect gift this Christmas!
De’Longhi is a premium name in the coffee world, but this deal doesn’t carry a premium price tag. Amazon has shaved a hearty £39 off the appliance in celebration of Black Friday.
Black Friday Deals UK: £77.50 for the Google Home – our lowest price ever
The Google Home is a great-value speaker in its own right, but at this price it’s simply a must-buy for Black Friday this year.
It’s well designed and doesn’t take up much space, which is great if you don’t want a bulky speaker in your home. Plus, as you probably already know, it packs loads of AI smarts thanks to Google Assistant.
If you want something even more petite then you can opt for the much cheaper Google Home Mini.
Black Friday UK 2017: Save £289 on an LG G6 smartphone – FIRE SALE!
It’s rare to find a deal this good on a new flagship smartphone, but we’ve sourced one: Amazon is listing the LG G6 for just £363.20 on its UK store.
That’s an amazing discount of £286.75, making this a ludicrous 43% cut on the full £649.95 price tag.
This handset – which only launched earlier this year – boasts a large 5.7-inch Quad HD+ display, a wide-angle selfie camera, and a dual 13-megapixel rear camera.
Buy Now: LG G6 at Amazon UK for just £360
Best Black Friday Deals 2017: Dyson V6 Absolute vac now just £230 – £250 price slash!
Dyson makes some of the finest vacuum cleaners around. Unfortunately, they’re not always the cheapest around – except on Black Friday!
First up is the Dyson V6 Absolute, an absolute belter that we awarded a 4.5/5 score in our review, praising its superb suction power, outstanding flexibility, and brilliant direct-drive floor head. We wrote: “Dyson continues to set the bar for cordless vacuum cleaners very high.”
It’s price has currently been slashed by a whopping £250 over at Argos.
In fact, Argos leaves you spoilt for choice. The store has also heavily discounted the Dyson Animal (DC41 MK2) upright vac, slashing its price by a hefty £220. We gave the Animal a rare perfect 10/10 score in our review, so you know this is a great product at an even better price.
Best Amazon Black Friday Deals: Save over £130 on Oral-B SmartSeries 6500 electric toothbrush
Electric toothbrushes make great Christmas presents, or why not just treat yourself to a dentist-style brush every day?
Right now, you can save a huge £135 on the excellent Oral-B SmartSeries 6500 electric toothbrush, which comes down to just over £95 thanks to an epic 58% price cut.
While we don’t review electric toothbrushes (yet!), you’ll find Oral-B electric toothbrushes in many of our own bathrooms – they never fail to impress.
At this price, this deal might not last long, so snap up your great value Oral-B SmartSeries 6500 while you can!
Black Friday Deals 2017: Save £20 on the all-new 2017 Amazon Echo
Amazon usually headlines its Black Friday deals bonanza with savings on it own products, and that’s the case again this year.
Right now, the all-new Amazon Echo (2017) smart speaker is down to just £69.99 – a rare £20 saving on a product that’s just been released.
Using Amazon’s Alexa digital assistant, the Echo does all sorts of useful stuff to help you around the house. This includes playing music, making calls, setting alarms and timers, answering questions – and, of course, ordering you an Uber.
Little sibling the Echo Dot is also on sale and is a great way to save space whilst still equipping your home with some serious smarts.
And you can make the most of your new Echo speaker by checking out this amazing Amazon Music Unlimited offer, which will net you access to over 40 million tunes for three months for a mere 99p!
- Buy Now: Amazon Music Unlimited from just 99p
As ever, if you want to get the most out of Amazon’s Black Friday deals extravaganza, we recommend trialling its Prime subscription service for free for 30 days. As well as enjoying free unlimited one-day (or even same-day) delivery, Prime members usually get early access to the best Amazon Black Friday deals.
- Start your FREE 30-day Amazon Prime trial today
Black Friday UK 2017: Save £185 on the Samsung Galaxy S8
When it comes to high-end smartphones, you’ll struggle to do better than the Samsung Galaxy S8 – a space-age handset with a gorgeous 5.8-inch QHD+ Infinity Display.
This phone earned a stellar 5/5 score in our review, praised for its incredible performance (courtesy of the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835), fantastic Dual Pixel 12-megapixel camera, and generous 64GB of storage.
That’s why we’re glad to say that, despite having only been out for half a year, it’s now available at Amazon UK for just £504 SIM-free – that’s a huge discount compared to the £689 RRP.
It also means it’s cheaper than Apple’s latest iPhones, which start from £699 as standard.
Black Friday Deals 2017: Save £2000 on a 65″ LG 4K Smart OLED TV
If you’re looking to make a major upgrade to your home entertainment setup, look no further than this epic TV deal.
Currys is selling the LG OLED65B7V 65″ Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV for a very low price of £2499. That’s a big discount on the £4499 price tag – especially given that the TV launched only earlier this year.
We awarded the 55-inch version of the LG B7 a lofty 4.5/5 score at its original £3000 review price, so we’re happy to recommend this product. For reference, we were very impressed with the unrivalled blacks and contrasts, improved shadow detailing, vibrant yet accurate colours, and supremely low input lag.
Best Black Friday Deals 2017: Save £100 on a Samsung SmartThings smart home starter kit
Samsung is peddling its SmartThings Starter Kit at Amazon UK for a budget-friendly price of £99.99. That’s a fair discount on the usual £199.99 cost, saving you a healthy £100 on the full price.
The SmartThings Starter Kit is a great buy for anyone just dipping their toe into the smart home pool – but seasoned smart home veterans will find good use from it too. It’s designed to be an easy way to control, automate and monitor your home from anywhere using the SmartThings app, and includes:
- A SmartThings hub
- Two SmartThings multipurpose sensors
- A SmartThings motion sensor
- A SmartThings outlet
In our review, the Samsung SmartThings Starter Kit earned a well-deserved 4/5 score at a review price of £199.
Black Friday 2017 Date: When is Black Friday?
Originating in the US, Black Friday occurs at the same time every year, taking place on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
In 2017, that means that Black Friday will be on Friday November 24.
Of course, Black Friday has exploded in recent years and it isn’t only a one-day event anymore – you can expect to find Black Friday savings running across the entire month of November.
The biggest and best, however, will be saved for Black Friday Week – as some like to call it – which will kick off on Monday November 20 and run until Monday November 27, aka Cyber Monday.
Black Friday 2017: How do I find the best deals on Black Friday?
We’re glad you asked. Over the years, we’ve discovered a fair few tips and tricks through our dealhunting endeavours, which we’re more than happy to share.
Here are eight expert bits of advice to help you nab the hottest bargains.
1) Make a wishlist
The first thing you should do as Black Friday approaches is to make a note of exactly what you want to buy.
It might sound like common sense, but trust us – it’s all too easy to get caught up in the madness and make foolhardy impulse purchases.
We love old-fashioned pen and paper for this task, but there are plenty of sophisticated options out there, too – the best we’ve found so far is Amazon List.
It’s a universal wishlist widget, so all you do is add the button to your browser’s bookmarks toolbar, and then click to add products from any online store to your list.
It’s a simple but remarkably effective step you can take to stay focused on the best and forget the rest this Black Friday.
Related: Best Galaxy S8 deals
2) Wait for Lightning to strike
While we’re obviously excited to see what the likes of Currys, John Lewis and Argos are getting ready to price slash, you could quite happily do all your Black Friday shopping on Amazon without missing out.
However, to get the very best bargains you need to keep an eye on the online shopping giant’s Lightning deals, which see it offer ridiculous discounts for short periods of time.
There are a couple of things you can do to take the pain out of monitoring Amazon’s Lightning deals.
Prime subscribers enjoy exclusive deals, early access to Lightning deals, Prime Music and Prime Video, unlimited one-day deliveries, and more. If it’s within your budget, it’s well worth trying out, and you can get a free 30-day trial to see if it’s for you.
3) Use a good price-tracking tool
Not all Black Friday deals are created equal, and for every genuinely great bargain out there, there’s a right ol’ lemon hoping to mug you of your hard-earned cash.
Why? Some retailers – Amazon is a repeat offender, if we’re being honest – aren’t always totally transparent when it comes to the discount figures they tout, so that ‘£250 saving’ or ‘80% price slash’ might be based on the original launch price of a two-year old product; not what it’s been selling for recently.
Fortunately, it’s easy to safeguard yourself – and your wallet – against such ploys. You’ll want to have a good price-tracking tool in your Black Friday arsenal, and our favourite right now is CamelCamelCamel.
Drop any Amazon link in its search box and you’ll see the highest, lowest, and average price of whatever product you’re interested in, giving you a proper bird’s-eye view of the ‘deal’ you’re looking at.
No, it won’t win any design awards, but between the basic search functionality and all the useful add-ons you can utilise – from Twitter alerts to Amazon List synchronisation and browser extensions – CamelCamelCamel is nigh on indispensable.
4) Get all the apps you can find
With deals coming and going in the blink of an eye, you need to be ready to jump on the best bargains as soon as they land. That means arming your mobile devices with the right apps ahead of Black Friday.
Pretty much all major UK retailers (and their US counterparts) offer dedicated apps for Android and iOS, so stockpile your homescreen with all your favourite stores. We’d recommend Amazon, John Lewis, Currys and Argos as a bare minimum.
As well as allowing you to browse deals on-the-go, these apps will let you store your card details in advance so you make use of one-click ordering when that Kindle Paperwhite becomes available for next to nothing.
5) Bargain-hunt beyond borders
How can we put this relatively neutrally…the world’s in a bit of a bloody state at the moment.
One silver lining of the current political-cum-economic instability engulfing key global markets is that you may be able to find a sweet price simply by taking advantage of weaker currencies.
Let’s take our beloved British pound as an example. It’s currently at one of its lowest points ever against the Euro, so if you’re joining us from abroad, you may be able to bag yourself a bargain courtesy of that gone-off sausage Farage and his cronies.
Even factoring in the higher shipping costs to Europe, the poor recent performance of currencies such as the GBP may ultimately make it more cost effective to buy products from UK retailers.
We can’t guarantee this will be the case, but it’s worth keeping an eye out and doing the necessary calculations to see if there are any cheeky discounts to be had.
6) Get your espresso machine ready
Black Friday doesn’t work office hours – it’s a round-the-clock affair and some of the best deals will drop at anti-social times, if our experience is anything to go by.
That’s why all of the above advice is so important.
If your dream 4K TV goes on sale first thing in the morning, you’ll want to know about it post-haste and be ready to snap it up ever faster. Arming yourself with all the necessary information and tools is essential to making the most of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Moreover, Amazon has tended to release its first batch of Black Friday deals as the clock strikes midnight on November 24-25, so if you’re an “I’ll sleep when I’m dead” type, your dedication to deal hunting may just be rewarded should you pay a visit to your favourite retailer while us normal folk count sheep.
7) Hitting the High Street? Google is your friend
You may already know that Google shows you busy and quiet times at shops, restaurants, bars all around the world.
Just in time for Black Friday, the search giant has added a seriously useful new feature to its Maps-integrated ‘Popular Times’ card, bringing real-time crowd information to this service.
That means that if you’re hitting the High Street for Black Friday, you can Google your destination in advance and hopefully avoid the fisticuffs.
Give it a whirl – your psychiatrist will thank you.
8) Save yourself the hassle
We’re rarely ones to overclock our own motherboard here at Trusted Reviews, but with Black Friday headed our way again, we really do think we can help you find the very best deals without all the hassle.
You won’t find any long, indiscriminately compiled link dumps here – just stuff we rate and would buy ourselves. All the deals we feature are carefully vetted by our expert editors for the quality of the product and the ‘bargainous’ nature of the deal.
If you want to cut-out a fair bit of legwork when deal-hunting, check back regularly for all the latest and greatest savings.
What are you looking to snap up this Black Friday? Let us know in the comments below.