The Amazon Echo Plus has now been included in the Amazon Black Friday super sale, making it the perfect time to make friends with Alexa.
Amazon’s digital assistant Alexa has become somewhat of a household name since the launch of the original Echo. She’s now available in everything from speakers to tablets to televisions.
The second generation of the device that kicked it all off has now had its price slashed as part of Black Friday. You can now pick one up for a bargain £109.99, down from £139.99.
On the surface, the new Echo Plus doesn’t look that different from the original Amazon Echo, but internally things have changed. There’s now a Zigbee hub inside, augmenting the Echo Plus with smart home control. It means it could be the only hub you need for controller all your smart home devices.
Related: Best Black Friday deals
This means you can control anything from Philips and IKEA smart light bulbs to your smart heating.
The audio components inside have also been upgraded, so you can expect stellar sound quality. Asking the Echo Plus to play your favourite tracks with just your voice feels like living in the future. More and more devices, like Sonos speakers, are adding Alexa support, too.
We gave the Echo Plus an 8/10 score in our review, which was at its full £139.99 price. Now that it’s only £109.99 it’s an even better option.
Other top deals right now:
- Buy Now: HP 15.6″ laptop at Currys for just £349 – save £200
- Buy Now: 55″ LG 4K TV at Currys for just £599 – save £300
- Buy Now: Amazon Echo for just £69.99 – save £20 | Amazon Echo Dot for just £34.99 – save £15
- Buy Now: Dyson V6 Absolute vacuum for just £229.99 – save £250
- Buy Now: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for just £370 – save £200
- Buy Now: Google Home £79 (down from £129) at Argos | Google Home Mini £34 at Currys – save £15
Spotted any Black Friday bargains? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter.